Skip to main content
Successful Shopping Trip
So let's recap. You've worked through the steps by identifying keywords, developing a search strategy, finding quality resources.
Note the Six Steps to Success below. Don't forget to check out the resources, tips and exercises under referencing (next tab), it is the very important last step in the process.
Six Steps to Success
- Determine key words, synonyms, truncation and phrase searching opportunities.
- Put it all together using boolean operators so you have a workable search statement
- Determine which search tools you will use to find resources. Informit is the best place to start for Australian information. One Search may also be useful as a starting point to help you refine your search.
- Read the most relevant article (based on abstract and key words), look at the list of references used in the article and search the references that are most relevant to your topic (One Search and Goolge Scholar can be of most help here)
- Narrow your search further. Some possibilities are scholarly articles, date ranges, particular cohorts (e.g. secondary school)
We acknowledge the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the first inhabitants of the nation and acknowledge Traditional Owners of the lands where our staff and students, live, learn and work.