The Sentence Structure should include:
This is the heart of a clause. You can have more than one clause per sentence, if you wish, but you should be able to identify a main clause - this is the most important part of the sentence. If you stripped away all other information, would you still have a good clause that gave the most important information?
The Paragraph Structure should include:
Use only Academic Language. There should be:
Use Academic Writing Style. Your writing should be:
· Precise (every word should matter – omit superfluous language)
· Impersonal (no personal pronouns, bias or emotive language)
· Logical (the order of the content should be logical)
· Rational (based on sound evidence or examples)
Edit your paragraph. Check the following:
· Sentence structure / syntax (Does the sentence make sense? Is there a verb?)
· Grammar (subject-verb agreement, singular/plural nouns, articles, prepositions)
· Spelling (British not American)
Punctuation (Use capitals, full stops, commas, colons, semi-colons appropriately)
We acknowledge the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the first inhabitants of the nation and acknowledge Traditional Owners of the lands where our staff and students, live, learn and work.