Target your searches and get more accurate results. This will also cut down on the number of results you will get.
• Year ranges - Nursing research focuses on the most recent information. (i.e 2010-2015)
• Language (i.e. English. Whilst the abstract might be in English the full text of the article may be in a different language.)
• Publication type (i.e journal article, systematic review, randomised control trial)
• Age of patient (i.e child, middle aged, aged etc.)
• Human (databases like Medline allow you to limit to human or animal to focus on human health oranimal health)
Some limits that might apply to this assignment are:
• Year range (2010-2015)
• English Language
• Journal Article publication type
Tip: If applying database limits still gives too many results, try adding more specific keywords.
We acknowledge the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the first inhabitants of the nation and acknowledge Traditional Owners of the lands where our staff and students, live, learn and work.
Except where otherwise noted, this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC BY-SA) 4.0 International License. Content from this Guide should be attributed to James Cook University Library. This does not apply to images, third party material (seek permission from the original owner) or any logos or insignia belonging to JCU or other bodies, which remain All Rights Reserved.