How to use this guide
This guide is designed to help specifically with Assessment tasks but will be also useful when finding information for your other assessments.
- The Australian Newspapers tab provides links to major Australian newspapers and information on how to access newspapers online.
- The Australian News sites tab provides links to Australian television and radio news sites and government media releases.
- The Finding peer reviewed journal articles tab provides a list of useful databases as well as videos to show you how to search them effectively, as well as providing database specific tips about keywords for your topics.
- The Search Smarter tab will direct you to a guide that takes you through the six steps to effective searching within the Health arena.
- The Referencing tab will direct you to the APA Referencing Guide. contains content to assist you with identifying keywords, related terms and concepts and breaks down the Steps to Searching.
Help with writing
How to write a critical essay - a downloadable pdf on how what the specific components are for writing a critical essay from the Learning Centre
The writing guide - a guide on writing includes, understanding an assignment question, critical note taking, summarizing and plagiarism and editing and reviewing your assignment.
Academic Phrasebank: Being critical - the academic phrasebank is a tool to help with writing an assignment using academic language
We acknowledge the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the first inhabitants of the nation and acknowledge Traditional Owners of the lands where our staff and students, live, learn and work.