Skip to Main Content
Own your online presence
Establishing your digital identity can assist your research and your career. Don't risk missing an opportunity because someone interested in your work is left wondering 'Who is this researcher?'. To make a good impression, you need a professional profile with complete information. Make sure that your profile describes your current work, career highlights and options for engaging with you.
Use your profile to:
- Showcase your research achievements
- Manage your publications and other research outputs
- Avoid misidentification
- Attribute your research to JCU
- Track your citations
- Connect and engage with other researchers and research communities around the world
It is not possible to anticipate who might want to know more about your research. People might search on your name or your area of research because they:
- are looking for potential project collaborators
- saw your name in a conference program and want to know more about your research
- are potential higher degree research students looking for supervisors
- are from industry or an NGO and are looking for a consultant or expert advice
- are a journalist looking for an expert opinion
- are assessing your funding proposal
- are a potential employer.
This Library Guide is designed to assist you build a professional online presence for communicating and promoting your research. The options listed in this guide indicate tools that are commonly being used by researchers. Let your Liaison Librarian know if there are other tools that you would like to know more about, or assistance with.
We acknowledge the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the first inhabitants of the nation and acknowledge Traditional Owners of the lands where our staff and students, live, learn and work.
Except where otherwise noted, this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC BY-SA) 4.0 International License. Content from this Guide should be attributed to James Cook University Library. This does not apply to images, third party material (seek permission from the original owner) or any logos or insignia belonging to JCU or other bodies, which remain All Rights Reserved.