Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is a standard?
"A standard is a published document which sets out specifications and procedures designed to ensure that a material, product, method or service is fit for its purpose and consistently performs in the way it was intended." (Standards Australia).
Standards documents include:
Quick link to Australian Standards
Access from the Databases page (look under Standards Australia), or link directly to Australian Standards
- Download or print current / draft Australian Standards & Handbooks free of charge
- Downloaded standards will expire after 48 hours
- Superseded standards are not always available
- International Standards abstracts only can also be searched in this database
Remember that there are many people who are there to help and support you throughout your course including:
- Library staff
- Learning Advisors
- The Accessibility team
- Peer mentors
- Your lecturers, tutors and classmates
We acknowledge the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the first inhabitants of the nation and acknowledge Traditional Owners of the lands where our staff and students, live, learn and work.