Skip to main content
Benefits of reflective writing
Good reflective writing shows you are learning from your experiences and engaging in your discipline's scholarly literature.
Reflective writing will develop your understanding in many ways, including helping you:
- Become a critical thinker
- Identify weaknesses in your understanding
- Gain a deeper understanding of course content
- Become an independent learner and problem-solver.
Remember that there are many people who are there to help and support you throughout your course including:
- Library staff
- Learning Advisors
- The Accessibility team
- Peer mentors
- Your lecturers, tutors and classmates
We acknowledge the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the first inhabitants of the nation and acknowledge Traditional Owners of the lands where our staff and students, live, learn and work.