Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
This is a bare-bones guide to get you on the road to depositing records into ResearchOnline@JCU. For a more detailed, self-paced guide please see the ResearchOnline@JCU Deposit Guide in PDF.
For ERA you'll need...
- Copy of your full paper
- Information about the full Proceedings: table of contents or equivalent, front pages of the published Proceedings or equivalent
- Evidence of peer review
- Evidence of wide distribution
See the What to collect (and copy) with each Publication checklist for more information
You need to login to ResearchOnline@JCU to begin depositing records with your JCU username and password. Once logged in you will get to the Manage Deposits screen. This is where records you are working on will be listed, until you deposit them. For more information about this screen, go to the Manage Deposits tab within this guide.
- From the Manage Deposits screen, press the New item button
- Select Conference Item, then go on to upload an electronic copy of your work
- You can upload more than one file to represent your work, e.g. the full published paper, a scan of the front pages and the table of contents
When you have finished uploading, move on to the form to describe your work (fields with a star are mandatory):
- Type, e.g. refereed research, non-refereed etc.
- Creators (authors). Enter them as they appear in the publication - does the JCU author have a JCU byline? If not an author affiliation statement may be needed.
- Publication Details: including refereed status
- Event Details (if conference or exhibition) including dates and location
- JCU Contact Email Address
After completing this screen you must complete Fields of Research and Socio-Economic Codes.
You can click on the Save for Later button at any time. Next time you login to ResearchOnline@JCU you'll see this record and be able to edit it from your Manage Deposits screen.
- Once the record is completed, save and deposit it.
ResearchOnline@JCU staff validate and verify each record before making it live. You may be required to provide further information to verify ERA eligibility. If changes are made to the record which affect ERA eligibility the author/depositor is notified. If the record is not accepted for ERA and you believe the record should be, please contact ResearchOnline@JCU.
ResearchOnline@JCU staff do:
- check bibliographic data of records entered into ResearchOnline@JCU
- verify publications eligible for government reporting (classifications A1, B1, C1, E1).
- confirm all required documentation has been submitted
- make the record live
ResearchOnline@JCU staff do not verify/check/edit the following data:
- Creator Type for JCU Student or JCU Staff
- FoR and SEO codes
We acknowledge the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the first inhabitants of the nation and acknowledge Traditional Owners of the lands where our staff and students, live, learn and work.