Skip to Main Content
Information for Endnote Users
The "Harvard Referencing Style" that comes standard with the EndNote software is not the version of Harvard used at JCU. If you wish to use EndNote for Harvard referencing here at JCU, please download the style:
To install the style to your library:
- Ensure you have EndNote open.
- Download the JCU Harvard EndNote style from the link above.
- From the browser window, choose the option to open the file in EndNote.
- Chrome - click on the file in the downloads bar to open it.
- Firefox/Mozilla and Microsoft Edge - choose the Open File option
- Save the style to your Library by going to File > Save As. On a PC remove the word Copy from the end of the name.
- Close the style by selecting the X in the top right corner of the style window or select File > Close Style
- To locate & select the style to use it, in your Library, go to the Styles drop down menu and choose 'Select another style'. Search for the style using the Find box.
Using the JCU Harvard style
IMPORTANT FORMATTING NOTES:
Access Date. Harvard requires an access date for all electronic resources. Enter the date in the Access Date field in the following format:
- DD Month YYYY (e.g. 22 September 2014)
Images Images should be entered as the reference type Web page.
We acknowledge the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the first inhabitants of the nation and acknowledge Traditional Owners of the lands where our staff and students, live, learn and work.
Except where otherwise noted, this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC BY-SA) 4.0 International License. Content from this Guide should be attributed to James Cook University Library. This does not apply to images, third party material (seek permission from the original owner) or any logos or insignia belonging to JCU or other bodies, which remain All Rights Reserved.