Skip to main content
Attaching files and full text
There are two ways to attach full text in EndNote.
- Use the Find Full Text function to search for articles and attach them automatically. This process is not always successful as it depends on a variety of factors, but it will save you time when it works well.
- Manually attach files that you cannot find using the Find Full Text function
Setting up the Find Full Text function
Using the Find Full Text function
- Select the reference(s) you want search. Then click the Find Full text button
- The Find Full text login box will appear. Note, you may get a Script Error message appearing on a PC. If this occurs, click Yes (or No) until it disappears
- If you are off campus you will need to login. If you see a page with 'Resources EZproxy is Configured for' then you are already logged in.
- Click Continue
- EndNote will attempt to locate the full text of the selected reference(s). You can see the progress and results of the search in the Find Full Text menu at the bottom of your My Library menu.
Manually attach files
- Find and download the PDF file you want to attach
- Right-click in the File Attachments field and select File Attachments > Attach File...
We acknowledge the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the first inhabitants of the nation and acknowledge Traditional Owners of the lands where our staff and students, live, learn and work.