Skip to Main Content
Using EndNote in PowerPoint
***Note this feature is only available for Windows computers. It is not available on Macs.***
It is possible to add references to your PowerPoint presentations using the EndNote toolbar.
This is a two step process to add the citation then add the reference separately.
- In PowerPoint select the EndNote tab
- Select your desired referencing style
- Place the cursor in the text box in the PowerPoint slide where you want the citation to appear
- Select Insert Citation > locate the item you want to cite > click Insert
- Then place the cursor in the text box in the PowerPoint slide where you want the reference list to appear
- Select Insert Reference > locate the item you want to reference > click Insert
How to create a hanging indent in PowerPoint.
- Highlight the text to indent. In this case this is the reference list
- Right click and choose Paragraph...
- In the Indentation section, choose Hanging from the Special: menu
We acknowledge the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the first inhabitants of the nation and acknowledge Traditional Owners of the lands where our staff and students, live, learn and work.
Except where otherwise noted, this work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (CC BY-SA) 4.0 International License. Content from this Guide should be attributed to James Cook University Library. This does not apply to images, third party material (seek permission from the original owner) or any logos or insignia belonging to JCU or other bodies, which remain All Rights Reserved.