Skip to main content
What is EndNote Online?
EndNote Online provides two account levels
- EndNote Basic
For those who do not use the EndNote Desktop application, this version allows you to
- Add and manage references from databases.
- Capture information for EndNote records from webpages without entering details manually.
- Share groups within your library with other users (attachments are not available).
- Insert citations into Microsoft Word via Cite While You Write functionality. Download and install CWYW from the Downloads page.
- EndNote Online full version
For users of the desktop application, in addition to the functions above, this version also allows you to
- Sync your desktop EndNote library with your EndNote Online library, ensuring your library is backed up regularly.
- Share your entire library, including attachments, with up to 100 people. Note - All users you want to share with must use the EndNote desktop version.
When creating an EndNote Online account, sign up with your JCU email address to get the EndNote Online full version.
The video below is clipped to the section that provides a basic guide of how to navigate EndNote Online. Note the appearance may be a little different based on your browser and updates to the site.
More EndNote Online videos
EndNote for Apple devices
EndNote iPad App
The EndNote app for the iPad can be downloaded from the App store.
To use the EndNote App you must have an EndNote Online account
The app syncs your EndNote Online library with your EndNote iPad library, lets you attach and annotate PDF documents, create new groups, and move existing references between groups.
More EndNote iPad videos.
EndNote for Android devices
There is currently no EndNote app for Android devices. As an alternative, if you have an EndNote Online account, you can use the browser on the Android device to log into your EndNote Online library, and use EndNote with your mobile device that way.
Using Word and EndNote on mobile devices
EndNote & Word on Android & iOS
the iPad and Android apps for Word do not allow Cite While You Write like the desktop version does. If you want to use EndNote in a document (like Word) on your iPad, this set of slides will give you some advice
We acknowledge the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the first inhabitants of the nation and acknowledge Traditional Owners of the lands where our staff and students, live, learn and work.